Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mrod21mvp mrod21mvp is offline

Default cannot delete word doc

I have a document on a share drive that I need to delete, but when I
right-click and select delete I receive the error message:

Error Deleting File or Folder:
Cannot delete (name of my doc goes here): it is being used by another person
or program. Close any programs that might be using the file and try again.

There is no one accessing the file, and on one of my attempts I received a
message that the document was locked by Normal.dot. I tried to delete
normal.dot just to see if it would break the connection but it did not. I
have since restored normal.dot, but still cannot delete the file. Does
anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your assistance.