dragonballcity dragonballcity is offline
Junior Member

Default Using SkipIf with date problem

I have a list of people in an excel spreadsheet according to date. The first column in the sheet is labeled Date and I manually enter the date as m/d/yyyy (so for today 2/24/12). I create letters using mail merge in Word 2010 each day, but only want letters for people that are entered into the spreadsheet the current day. I have the beginning of my letter set up as
{ SKIPIF { MERGEFIELD Date } "{ DATE }" }

It's worked perfectly...until today. Today (2/24/12) when I merged the letters they all came out, along with letters for people that were entered into the spreadsheet on 1/12/12. The only thing I can see is 1/12 when doubled is 2/24, otherwise I'm clueless. If I change the 1/12 people to 1/11 or 1/13 it works fine.

I tried changing my skip if to say
{ SKIPIF { MERGEFIELD Date } "{ DATE \@ "m\d\yyyy" }" but got the same result.

I tried adding a second skip if
{ SKIPIF { MERGEFIELD Date } "{ DATE }" } but still got the same result.

I ultimately went back and deleted the 1/12 people, merged the letters, then put them back into the spreadsheet. I don't want to have to do that every time though.

Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by dragonballcity : February 24th 12 at 06:20 PM

SkipIf feature catawaller Mailmerge 2 July 30th 09 06:21 PM
Comparison problem w/SkipIf RobWN Mailmerge 2 November 28th 08 12:37 AM
SKIPIF Error? Word 2000 Chris Stammers Mailmerge 2 May 16th 07 08:28 PM
Merge error when SkipIf added vanessa Mailmerge 2 July 1st 05 06:30 PM
Skipif able to stop printing altogether? Graham Mailmerge 0 February 11th 05 04:47 PM