Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
El Berto El Berto is offline
Junior Member

Default Placing numbers below pictures?

Hi everybody!
First I apologize, but my Word is not in english, so I don't know the correct english terms to describe the problem.

I'm writing a document, here an example:

1. Word processors under Windows S.O.

(here goes the test)

1.1 Microsoft Office Word

(here goes the text)

1.1.1 Microsoft Office Word 2003

(here goes the text)
(here goes image 1)
(here goes the text)
(here goes image 2)

1.1.2 Microdoft Office Word 2010

(here goes the text)
(here goes image 3)

I correctly format the document to obtain automatically 1, 1.1, 1.1.1, 1.1.2 prefix before title.
Now I want place text below images to make summary.
If I insert the text below images I can have these results:

Image 1 or Image 2, then I can place description.
If I use chapter numbering I have Image 1.1 or Image 1.2.

But in my case I need this format: Image 1.1.1.1 for first image, Image 1.1.1.2 for second image, then Image 1.1.2.1 for third image.

Automatically I can have only chapter numbering prefix (1.x) instead full numbering (1.1.1.x).

Is it possible or this function is not available on Word?
Thanks.