Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Gogol Farm Gogol Farm is offline

Default Mail merge button Send email merge

I am using Vista and Word home student.
Everthing seems to go ok until i want to Finish and merge.
Using wizard email step 6 of 6 click on electronic mail and nothing happens.
or click finish & merge can not select send email message (selection is dim)
How do I get this button to work or enable it ?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

The issue is caused because the Word Home Student edition probably does not
include Outlook.

See if the information at http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk:80/t0002.htm will help you
find a work around that allows use of your default mail program.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Gogol Farm" .(donotspam) wrote in message
news
I am using Vista and Word home student.
Everthing seems to go ok until i want to Finish and merge.
Using wizard email step 6 of 6 click on electronic mail and nothing
happens.
or click finish & merge can not select send email message (selection is
dim)
How do I get this button to work or enable it ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Gogol Farm Gogol Farm is offline

Thanks Doug,
I saw that before and it looks like Vista is set up way different.
I thought that it would work since windows mail was a replacement to
Outlook.
Looking at the box the student version does not include outlook.
It looks like I will have to look for a thrid party program.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

The issue is caused because the Word Home Student edition probably does not
include Outlook.

See if the information at http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk:80/t0002.htm will help you
find a work around that allows use of your default mail program.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Gogol Farm" .(donotspam) wrote in message
news
I am using Vista and Word home student.
Everthing seems to go ok until i want to Finish and merge.
Using wizard email step 6 of 6 click on electronic mail and nothing
happens.
or click finish & merge can not select send email message (selection is
dim)
How do I get this button to work or enable it ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

1. It is possible to merge to email via Windows Mail. However, you cannot
a. Use Windows Mail directly as a data source for the merge (you have to
export contacts as a seprate step)
b. do a merge to HTML format email. The full Outlook is the only program I
know that does that.

2. If you are running a 64-bit version of Vista you might need to put the
entries described in that article under the following registry key as
well
(or instead):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\ Windows Messaging
Subsystem

3. In Vista, you can set Windows Mail to be the default email program by
going to

Control Panel-Default Programs-Set Default Programs, then Select Windows
Mail and click "Set this Program As Default". If that does not work, try the
"Choose Defaults for this Program" and check everything.

One or two people have reported back that doing all that stuff did not work
either but that's all I can tell you!
--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk