Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JohnH JohnH is offline

Default Word 2007 - Mail Merge Font Size Issue

I have a Word merge file with merge fields from an Excel file. both thee
word file and the excel file are using the save font/size Candara 11. Below
are the fields. The Namd Address stuff is Centererd but other than that this
is an accurate view.

Dues: «Amount_for_Mailing»

«COMPANY»
«ADDRESS_1»

When I select each merge field individually they show the correct font/size.
When I do the merge and/or preview - the font size changes to 12. I've
deleted the entire merge and recreated it. Still same result.

Anyone have a clue or know what I'm doing wrong?

Office Pro 2007 all lateset patches. I think?

Thanks
John
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi John,

Try pressing Alt-F9 to expose the field coding. Your mergefields will look somthing like { MERGEFIELD Sourcefield }. If there are
any '\* Mergeformat' strings in the fields, delete those strings. Then select all the mergefields and re-format their font
attaributes to ensure all are set to Candara 11. Then press Alt-F9 again and run your mailmerge.

If that doesn't solve the problem, press Alt-F9 again and add '\* Charformat' (without the quotes) to the end of each mergefield.
Then press Alt-F9 again and run the mailmerge.

--
Cheers
macropod