Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tivaelydoc tivaelydoc is offline

Default Search and replace.

I need to find a way to replace about 3000 lines of code.

Every line is just set of numbers like this:

141556089
18608562
12336324

What I need the replace to do is change every number to look like this:

a href="http://www.whateverlink.com/141556089"141556089br /
a href="http://www.whateverlink.com/18608562"18608562br /
a href="http://www.whateverlink.com/12336324"12336324br /

How would I do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tivaelydoc tivaelydoc is offline

EDITED

"tivaelydoc" wrote:

I need to find a way to replace about 3000 lines of code.

Every line is just set of numbers like this:

141556089
18608562
12336324

What I need the replace to do is change every number to look like this:

a href="http://www.whateverlink.com/141556089"141556089/abr /
a href="http://www.whateverlink.com/18608562"18608562/abr /
a href="http://www.whateverlink.com/12336324"12336324/abr /

How would I do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Try this:

Enable Use Wildcards

Find what: [0-9]@

Replace with: a href="http://www.whateverlink.com/141556089"^&/abr/

Explanation:

[0-9]@ finds any string of numbers.

^& is a token that inserts whatever matches the search string into the
Replace string.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible