Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Confused87 Confused87 is offline

Default Mail Merge Blank....?

I am mail merging from Excel and I have inserted fields which have something
in them, however, they are turning up blank in the Word Document. When I
unclick the Preview Fields button the mail merge field is there so why is it
not merging data?

Also the Excel document has currency to 2 decimal places, on only some of
the Word merged fields and records it is turning up at 4 - how do I remove
this(is there are button clicking way, I feel a bit uncomfortable with code)
and why is it inconsistent?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Which version of Word?

Also the Excel document has currency to 2 decimal places, on only

some of
the Word merged fields and records it is turning up at 4 - how do I

remove
this

See my response to sambhaji kuryal in the next message question in this
group. I know that does not do this:
(is there are button clicking way, I feel a bit uncomfortable with code)

But it is probably the simplest way once you get used to it.

and why is it inconsistent?

To cut a long story short, it's because Word sees the data in the format
in which it is stored, which in some cases is different from the format
in which you see it in Excel.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk
Visit Londinium at http://www.ralphwatson.tv