Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andrew Bingham Andrew Bingham is offline

Default Bibliography unexpectedly creates duplicate entries in Current Lis

Using Word 2007
References - Manage Sources - Current List

Intermittently and unexpectedly the Current List contains duplicate entries.
Not all entries are duplicated

Often the only difference between the "real" entry and its duplicate is the
casing of, for example, the document title. Other duplicate entries appear to
be identical toe the "real" entry.

It MAY be that the duplcates are entries I edited at some time.
It SEEMS to occur If I have another Word document open which contains
citations.

One consqeunce is that when updating fields the document title is
erroneously added to the citation reference (presumably Word sees the
duplicates as two different citations and attempts to distinguish between
them).

I can remove the duplicates manually in the Current List. But they
intermittently reappear