daymaker daymaker is offline
Junior Member

Default Merging customer file with multiple orders

Let's say I have the following excel file that has NAME (customer account name), ORDER # and order DATE. (I can convert this to an Access file if better for my application...)

As you can see, some account names have more than one order number and respective order date. I am wanting to merge all orders for each account to a Word template in a way that compiles a table list of all orders and order dates, rather than having a different letter for each account/order #. So my merged letter would look like this:

If this is not possible in Word, I am wondering if I can edit the data (excel or access) file so that for each account that has more than one order, the order #'s and dates are listed out successively in the account name's row (and duplicate account names/rows are then deleted), like this:

Hopefully then I would be able to do the merge to Word successfully.
Thanks for any help you can offer!

John