Lisa

Default Only Portion of Cell Shaded

I have a table that I am trying to add some shading to certain cells and some
are fine, but others have 1/8 inch unshaded area at the bottom of the cell.
I have researched this in the discussion groups and tried everything
suggested still to no avail. It is happening in both Word 2000 & XP. Any
ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Okay, I think I've found the article I was recalling, but it's unlikely to
apply to you. It's "Shaded tables do not print correctly in Word 2002" at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=836132

FWIW, make sure that you have actually shaded the cell and not the text or
the paragraph.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I'm unable to find it again, but yesterday I ran across a KB article

listing
problems solved by an update to Office XP (I think), and that was one of
them.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Lisa" wrote in message
I have a table that I am trying to add some shading to certain cells

and
some
are fine, but others have 1/8 inch unshaded area at the bottom of the

cell.
I have researched this in the discussion groups and tried everything
suggested still to no avail. It is happening in both Word 2000 & XP.

Any
ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Lisa,

There are a couple of cases where this happens.
In some cases it's printer driver specific in others
it's related to the printer driver but the problem
is fixed on the Office/Word side. This is one of
the hotfixes for the problem
http://support.microsoft.com/default...us;836132&FR=1

There have been similar issues with HP printers.

There can sometimes be issues where the table was created
in one version of Word than worked with in another version.

======
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Office 2003 Editions explained
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/office/editions.mspx

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Lisa,

The hotfix in the article is a 'post' SP3 update
for Word 2002. You'll need to phone Microsoft to
arrange to get the fix (no charge).

========
"Lisa" wrote in message ...

Again thank you both. We as an org have already applied SP3 and still
nothing. If you can think of anything else please let me know.
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Office 2003 Editions explained
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/office/editions.mspx

Melissa Shook via OfficeKB.com

The only time I've had problems with tabel fill not meeting the grid lines
is if the text is turned vertically within the cell. If you remove all
spacing between the text and cell the shading will fill the cell to the
gridlines. Unfortunatly, it removes the spacing from the entire table and
all the text will be right next to the gridlines. I've just had to learn
to not shade cells containing vertical text.

In Office 2000 and above, you can change the cell margins for a single cell
without affecting the entire table.

"Melissa Shook via OfficeKB.com" wrote in message
The only time I've had problems with tabel fill not meeting the grid lines
is if the text is turned vertically within the cell. If you remove all
spacing between the text and cell the shading will fill the cell to the
gridlines. Unfortunatly, it removes the spacing from the entire table and
all the text will be right next to the gridlines. I've just had to learn
to not shade cells containing vertical text.

setting cell width Hilary Microsoft Word Help 1 February 15th 05 09:31 AM
runoff words in a cell Teacher_Becky Tables 3 January 27th 05 11:47 PM
word table cell resize or word table cell size change or word table change cell size [email protected] Tables 0 January 13th 05 09:55 PM
copy cell to cell Tlogan Tables 1 January 5th 05 09:20 PM
Shading does not fill entire cell Fred Holmes Tables 1 October 28th 04 10:18 PM