VSUAVE

Default problem converting lotus notes file to ms word

I have some files that were saved as lotus notes .lwp files how can i convert
these files to ms word? any suggestions
Joseph N.

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 00:35:03 GMT, ?B?VlNVQVZF?= wrote:

I have some files that were saved as lotus notes .lwp files how
can i convert these files to ms word? any suggestions

They were saved *through* Lotus Notes, but they are Lotus Word Pro documents. Here are some suggestions:

1. If they're on a local disk, fine. But if they're on a diskette, don't do anything with them on the diskette. As with all files of all types, first copy them to a local hard disk.

2. If you still have a relationship with the author/editor who sent them to you, ask him/her to re-save them as Word 2000 from within Word Pro.

3. You can buy Lotus SmartSuite v. 9.8 incredibly inexpensively from resellers such as Tekdeal.com and convert it yourself. That will probably be less time and expense than any other approach. Once you have the software (and you can run it off the CD if you or your IT dept prefers not to install it to the network), you can download a batch converter from Xpertss.com .

4. I've heard that StarOffice--but not OpenOffice.org--has a converter, but I don't know anything about its performance.

5. If you have a Verity KeyViewer, it will allow you to view, and either copy-and-paste or, presumably, to print to an OCR setup, Lotus files of various types. There should be a Verity KeyViewer for Lotus somewhere on the IBM web site (ibm.com), but I haven't actually found it there. If you need it, post back with an address, or e-mail me, and I'll send it to you.

--
JN

jbn 'won'oh'won'six'won' at fastmail.fm
Remove spaces, and substitute digits for the words between " ' "