Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kunal

Default Template problems

I have attached a template to a document which now stands completed. However,
what happens is that some styles which defined in the orginal template as
justified need to be defined as left aligned. I tried doing this with the
styles in the document, which has the template attached to it. So when I
effect the change, the document looks fine. But if I close the document and
open it again, its as if I had made no changes. The text reverts back to
justified.

The same problem persists with headings which I want to be numbered in the
document. The numbering part vanishes once the document is opened again.
Please help

Help would be highly appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard O. Neville

Not sure I understand your question completely. Have you tried "Save as" to
create a new template with the left-aligned styles and the headings you
want? Bear in mind that changing and saving a new document based on a
particular template does not change the template itself UNLESS you save the
new doc as a template, with the same name as the one you want to
change(which must be closed to do this). Answer "Yes" to the prompt asking
whether you want to replace the old template.