Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Runner

Default Help will not display

This is a Word 2000 question.

This problem just started after 5 years of successful Word 2K use. When I
select "Help", the help button appears in the taskbar (the bar at the bottom
of the screen; I think that is the taskbar), but I cannot get it to open by
clicking the button or any other way. For example, I can't get it to open
from task manager.

Is there an option somewhere that I have inadvertently changed? Other ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Runner

Default IGNORE REQUEST: Help will not display

I have been unable to find a discussion group function that allows me to
delete my original post or I would have removed it.

5-10 minutes after selection, Help became active. Obviously, not a Word
problem.

"Runner" wrote:

This is a Word 2000 question.

This problem just started after 5 years of successful Word 2K use. When I
select "Help", the help button appears in the taskbar (the bar at the bottom
of the screen; I think that is the taskbar), but I cannot get it to open by
clicking the button or any other way. For example, I can't get it to open
from task manager.

Is there an option somewhere that I have inadvertently changed? Other ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

There are a myriad things that "could" cause this.

Have you done anything to Internet Explorer recently? Installed any
"helper" application or toolbar for IE? Altered your firewall or antivirus
settings?

Internet Explorer is the display engine for Microsoft Help, so if you play
with it, your help may indeed go bang...

Sometimes you can bring it right by running "Detect and Repair" from the
Word Help menu. You may be asked for the original CD when you do this, and
you should expect it to run for up to 45 minutes (it's very thorough...) but
it fixes most things...

Hope this helps

On 7/2/06 3:03 AM, in article
, "Runner"
wrote:

This is a Word 2000 question.

This problem just started after 5 years of successful Word 2K use. When I
select "Help", the help button appears in the taskbar (the bar at the bottom
of the screen; I think that is the taskbar), but I cannot get it to open by
clicking the button or any other way. For example, I can't get it to open
from task manager.

Is there an option somewhere that I have inadvertently changed? Other ideas?

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Table display problems JimSym Tables 1 June 11th 05 04:44 PM
Logo and Signature on template don't display Chrisso Microsoft Word Help 1 May 1st 05 05:04 PM
How do I get all my Word documents within one Word window RobJacobs Microsoft Word Help 5 April 12th 05 03:04 AM
Why won't my language bar display? BubbaReece Microsoft Word Help 1 January 26th 05 09:36 AM
WORD 2002 will not display ASPX clip files. LOUISE Microsoft Word Help 1 January 11th 05 07:58 PM