Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
cdstorage

Default controlling tables in word linked to excel tables

How can I protect the validity of my table data in word when link to an excel
table. If I add a row or column in the excel table it corrupts the word table.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Y2RzdG9yYWdl?=,

How can I protect the validity of my table data in word when link to an excel
table. If I add a row or column in the excel table it corrupts the word table.

Can you be more specific about what you mean by "corrupts the word table"? And
then please describe the behavior you want to see if you add rows and columns to
the Excel source table.

Which version of Word and Excel are we discussiong?

Are you familiar with "Named ranges" in Excel?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
cdstorage

I'm using 2003
No I'm not firmiliar with Named ranges but I will be

Hi ?B?Y2RzdG9yYWdl?=,