Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bowler

Default show/hide paragraph mark icon does not work.

Why oh why? I found the "explanations" in the help menu very unhelpful. I
don't want to take a PhD in show/hide paragraph procedures! I just can't get
rid of the damned thing. Can anybody give me step by step directions. Please
don't take it for granted that I know where the menu is. Thanks for any help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Tools - Options - Formatting Marks on the View Tab - clear out the options
you don't want.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"bowler" wrote in message
Why oh why? I found the "explanations" in the help menu very unhelpful. I
don't want to take a PhD in show/hide paragraph procedures! I just can't
get
rid of the damned thing. Can anybody give me step by step directions.
Please
don't take it for granted that I know where the menu is. Thanks for any
help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Tools options view - uncheck all the items in the 'formatting marks'
section. Formatting marks may then be toggled on or off by clicking the ¶
button on the toolbar or by pressing CTRL+* which is probably how you
switched them on in the first place.