Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Track back merged mails

I have used mail merge to merge a letter.. After I completed the merge, I
pressed on the button "merge to new document" in merge tool bar.. Hence the
letter was duplicated to show all the recipient names. I saved the document
as "doc1"

I want to know:

Is it possible to any one to figure out that this file "doc1" has been made
using mail merge rather than simply typed out?

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I think most people looking at a merge file would have a strong suspicion on
finding numerous almost identical letters separated by section breaks, but
no, there are no fields in the document to give away its merge origins.

"r" wrote in message

I have used mail merge to merge a letter.. After I completed the merge, I
pressed on the button "merge to new document" in merge tool bar.. Hence

the
letter was duplicated to show all the recipient names. I saved the

document
as "doc1"

I want to know:

Is it possible to any one to figure out that this file "doc1" has been

made
using mail merge rather than simply typed out?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

You could merge it to separate documents - see
http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm