Ailya

Default legal pleadings wizard template issue

I am trying to get the "Legal pleading wizard" working on word Xp professional.

I have downloadd the template from the Microsoft site, then in word click
file, new and under new from template under general templates I click the
"legal pleadings" tab and double click on pleading wizard. I then sit and
stare at an empty word screen which at the bottm says "starting legal
pleading wizard". I can leave the computer and come back an hour later and
nothing changes. I have searched the knowledge base but nothing quite like
this comes up.

HELP

all the other templates seem to work fine. I have tried many of them this
morning.

What am I doing wrong?

--
Ailya
Charles Kenyon

Hi,

I don't use the pleading wizard any more so I'm not sure what problems you
are running into. However, the reason I gave up using the wizard was that it
didn't produce pleadings I wanted to file with a court without a lot of work
after it was done. Instead I used custom templates. What is it that you are
trying to accomplish with this (rather flawed) tool?
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Ailya" wrote in message
[...]

Ailya

I taking a legal research class as part of a paralegal program and the
instructor said to get the template and use it for an assignment. The
problem is i am getting is that the wizard does not do anything other than
saying 'starting legal pleadining wizard' Other templates work fine.

If there is another way to get the same results - that would be great.
Thank you

"Ailya" wrote in message
[...]

Charles Kenyon

I just tried it in Word 2003 and it is working fine. How are you opening it
/ using it? The correct way to use it is to use File New to get the new
file dialog. (On XP you may need to go through the Templates ... on my
computer in the new document task pane.) Find the wizard (under the legal
pleadings tab) and double-click on it to start it running.

Double-clicking it with Word not yet started may have different results; I
don't know because I haven't tried.
--

"Ailya" wrote in message
[...]

Ailya

it seems to be something with this computer i guess. the template seems to
be standard and opens fine on the other computer we have - i just don't
understand why it is not opening on my computer. it seems to be one of those
things designed to make me go arrghh

thanks anyway.