Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bbdpres

Default First Appendix chapter show page number starting with B

I have a document that I need to put in 2 appendices. After my section break
(just before the first appendix), I've associated the style Header 7 to the
title of the Appendix, restarted page numbering, formated page numbering to
include the chapter number and then inserted the page number in my footer.

Unfortunately, the title for the first Appendix shows 'Appendix A', while
the page footer's page number is B-1.

Any ideas why?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?YmJkcHJlcw==?=,

I have a document that I need to put in 2 appendices. After my section break
(just before the first appendix), I've associated the style Header 7 to the
title of the Appendix, restarted page numbering, formated page numbering to
include the chapter number and then inserted the page number in my footer.

Unfortunately, the title for the first Appendix shows 'Appendix A', while
the page footer's page number is B-1.

Any ideas why?

Have you used a manual page break somewhere in this region? If yes, try
removing it and format the paragraph you want to force to the next page with
Format/Paragraph/Line and Page Breaks/Page Break before and see if that helps.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bbdpres

Ya know - it bugged me so much that I stayed up until around 10:30 last night
working with it. When I replaced the Header 7 with Header 9 and associated it
with my appendix style - it worked fine.

I didn't see any manual page breaks. I was trying to be as 'pure' as
possible using styles within the document.

Thanks for your help.
Regards

Hi ?B?YmJkcHJlcw==?=,