Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ryan Ryan is offline

Default How do I make automatic bibliography (like TOC) In Word????

I know how to create an auto Table of Contents by the way you define the
section headings.

My question, is how do I identify the citations as I go, so that at the end,
all I have to do is "insert the Bibliography" like you do with a TOC.

Table of Authorities is ok, but it seems to be focused on page numbers. I
don't care about page numbers, I care about the citation being accurate.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hello Ryan

Ryan wrote:
I know how to create an auto Table of Contents by the way you define the
section headings.

My question, is how do I identify the citations as I go, so that at the end,
all I have to do is "insert the Bibliography" like you do with a TOC.

Table of Authorities is ok, but it seems to be focused on page numbers. I
don't care about page numbers, I care about the citation being accurate.

There's no predefined way in Word itself to do that. 3rd party tools
offer this (EndNote, BibNote, BibText, something like that).

I've never used these myself. A semi-automated way is to insert the
referenced works in your bibliography yourself and (in economics and
engineering, for instance) assign a numbered style to it (in the form of
[1], [2], ...). Then, in the text, you insert a cross-reference to the
numbered paragraph (number only). But this approach depends on your
citation guidelines/requirements.

Greetings
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hello Ian

Ian Easson wrote:
Word 2007 has that feature.

[..]
My question, is how do I identify the citations as I go, so that at the end,
all I have to do is "insert the Bibliography" like you do with a TOC.

[..]

Yes, I've heard about it, not played with that particular thingy in Word
2007 though.

I'm not expecting Word 2007 in posts not mentioning the Word version, at
least not as long as it is in beta ...

Greetinx
Robert
--