Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NANcy05 NANcy05 is offline

Default word 2000 doc wont open in Word 2003

My engineers have a very large word document. A manual with pictures.
After one of the guys opened it in Word 2000, now it wont open in Word 2003.
All have WXP_Pro.
Getting error to check permiss, memory, and open with Text Recovery converter.
I tried the Text Recovery, half the doc was garabled.
Any ideas why I now cant open in 2003?
I've restored from backup, but having the same issue.
thanks for any input.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Make a copy of the Word 2000 file, and then try using the Open
and Repair option in Word 2003 to open the copy. You don't see
an Open and Repair option in Word 2003? In Word 2003, click on
File | Open, click on the little black downward-pointing triangle
at the right end of the Open button, and click on Open and Repair.

NANcy05 wrote:

My engineers have a very large word document. A manual with pictures.
After one of the guys opened it in Word 2000, now it wont open in Word 2003.
All have WXP_Pro.
Getting error to check permiss, memory, and open with Text Recovery converter.
I tried the Text Recovery, half the doc was garabled.
Any ideas why I now cant open in 2003?
I've restored from backup, but having the same issue.
thanks for any input.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NANcy05 NANcy05 is offline

Someone pointed me to a critical update for Office 2003. See link below.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=828041

This resolved my problem opening the file in Word 2003.

Thanks for your help.