Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
DD DD is offline

Default Remove background highlighting form merge fields

I have a Word document that worked fine until we upgraded to Office 2003.
I've finally have the merge working again after hours of work. HOWEVER, my
merge fields now have a background highlight that shows up on the screen and
during printing. Yet it's not showing up under any of the formatting for
these fields. It's the 11th hour and a task that should have taken minutes
has turned into a major project.

A general comment: The company I work for has ceased upgrading our users to
2003 after all the problems with this product. Sadly, they are going back to
WordPerfect after I spent years of trying to get the company on the Office
bandwagon. Who would think that you could take a decent product and create
such a mess. WHAT A HUGE WASTE OF TIME THIS PRODUCT HAS
BEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
DD DD is offline

Somehow the button highligh fields in the merge toolbar was toggled. Didn't
even think to look there - it shouldn't have been set to highlight.

"DD" wrote:

I have a Word document that worked fine until we upgraded to Office 2003.
I've finally have the merge working again after hours of work. HOWEVER, my
merge fields now have a background highlight that shows up on the screen and
during printing. Yet it's not showing up under any of the formatting for
these fields. It's the 11th hour and a task that should have taken minutes
has turned into a major project.

A general comment: The company I work for has ceased upgrading our users to
2003 after all the problems with this product. Sadly, they are going back to
WordPerfect after I spent years of trying to get the company on the Office
bandwagon. Who would think that you could take a decent product and create
such a mess. WHAT A HUGE WASTE OF TIME THIS PRODUCT HAS
BEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Somehow bad workmen and blaming tools come to light
Maybe http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm may help
your employer's budget, and http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm
your frayed nerves?

Somehow the button highlight fields in the merge toolbar was toggled.

Merge and Form Fields Dottie Mailmerge 1 May 26th 06 12:25 PM
Printing a mail merge doc, merge fields print with grey background Stanby Microsoft Word Help 1 April 12th 06 03:21 PM
MS Word form fields versus mail merge fields [email protected] Mailmerge 4 March 4th 06 05:31 PM
Form fields versus mail merge fields [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 2 February 16th 06 02:12 PM
Mail Merge and checkbox form fields Sotiris Mailmerge 1 February 10th 06 08:55 PM