Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard Richard is offline

Default Cannot open new word doccument, and not able to edit old doccument

For some reason word has stopped allowing me to create a new doccument and
will not allow me to change old ones. I have even reinstalled the software
again and it is still not allowing me to do or change anything. The only
thing I could think of was that I was sent a doccument which was edit
protected and sine opening it I have not been able to use word at all. Can
anyone help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Is this a (now expired) trial version of Word, supplied with your PC? If so,
you now have to buy the software if you wish to continue to use it!

Richard wrote:
For some reason word has stopped allowing me to create a new
document and will not allow me to change old ones. I have even
reinstalled the software again and it is still not allowing me to do
or change anything. The only thing I could think of was that I was
sent a document which was edit protected and sine opening it I have
not been able to use word at all. Can anyone help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard Richard is offline

Default Cannot open new word doccument, and not able to edit old doccu

It is not a trial copy.

Richard

Richard wrote:
For some reason word has stopped allowing me to create a new
document and will not allow me to change old ones. I have even
reinstalled the software again and it is still not allowing me to do
or change anything. The only thing I could think of was that I was
sent a document which was edit protected and sine opening it I have
not been able to use word at all. Can anyone help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Has it been activated? What happens when you choose Help | Activate Product?

"Richard" wrote in message
It is not a trial copy.

Richard

Richard wrote:
For some reason word has stopped allowing me to create a new
document and will not allow me to change old ones. I have even
reinstalled the software again and it is still not allowing me to do
or change anything. The only thing I could think of was that I was
sent a document which was edit protected and sine opening it I have
not been able to use word at all. Can anyone help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard Richard is offline

Tried that but I see an hourglass for about 2 seconds and nothing happend.

So still not sure how to fix it

Richard

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Has it been activated? What happens when you choose Help | Activate Product?

"Richard" wrote in message
It is not a trial copy.

Richard

Richard wrote:
For some reason word has stopped allowing me to create a new
document and will not allow me to change old ones. I have even
reinstalled the software again and it is still not allowing me to do
or change anything. The only thing I could think of was that I was
sent a document which was edit protected and sine opening it I have
not been able to use word at all. Can anyone help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Try using the troubleshooting steps in
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm. In particular, see
if you can create or edit documents in Office Safe Mode.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Has it been activated? What happens when you choose Help | Activate

Product?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Richard" wrote in message
It is not a trial copy.

Richard

Richard wrote:
For some reason word has stopped allowing me to create a new
document and will not allow me to change old ones. I have even
reinstalled the software again and it is still not allowing me to

do
or change anything. The only thing I could think of was that I was
sent a document which was edit protected and sine opening it I

have
not been able to use word at all. Can anyone help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard Richard is offline

Still not luck. I cannot even find someone to ask at microsoft. I tried to
check the authentication on their site but it just refers me back to the
manufacturer who installed it.

Richard

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Has it been activated? What happens when you choose Help | Activate

Product?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Richard" wrote in message
It is not a trial copy.

Richard

Richard wrote:
For some reason word has stopped allowing me to create a new
document and will not allow me to change old ones. I have even
reinstalled the software again and it is still not allowing me to

do
or change anything. The only thing I could think of was that I was
sent a document which was edit protected and sine opening it I

have
not been able to use word at all. Can anyone help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You are confirming that if you start Word in Office Safe Mode (using the /a
switch or pressing Ctrl while it is loading), you still cannot create or
edit documents? And you still get no response from Help | Activate Product?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Has it been activated? What happens when you choose Help | Activate

Product?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Richard" wrote in message
It is not a trial copy.

Richard

Richard wrote:
For some reason word has stopped allowing me to create a new
document and will not allow me to change old ones. I have even
reinstalled the software again and it is still not allowing me

do
or change anything. The only thing I could think of was that I

was
sent a document which was edit protected and sine opening it I

have
not been able to use word at all. Can anyone help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard Richard is offline

Yes even in safe mode still no luck. I have even tried to restore the
computer to an earlier time and it will not restore. I also removed the SBE
version on my system and downloaded a trial version and the trial version did
the same thing. Reduced functionality.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Has it been activated? What happens when you choose Help | Activate
Product?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Richard" wrote in message
It is not a trial copy.

Richard

Richard wrote:
For some reason word has stopped allowing me to create a new
document and will not allow me to change old ones. I have even
reinstalled the software again and it is still not allowing me

do
or change anything. The only thing I could think of was that I

was
sent a document which was edit protected and sine opening it I
have
not been able to use word at all. Can anyone help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What version of Word is this (check Help | About Microsoft Word)? If it is
Word 2003, are you *sure* it isn't a trial version?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Has it been activated? What happens when you choose Help |

Activate
Product?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Richard" wrote in message
It is not a trial copy.

Richard

Richard wrote:
For some reason word has stopped allowing me to create a

new
document and will not allow me to change old ones. I have

even
reinstalled the software again and it is still not

allowing me
do
or change anything. The only thing I could think of was

that I
was
sent a document which was edit protected and sine opening

it I
have
not been able to use word at all. Can anyone help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard Richard is offline

It is Word 2003. I'm sure it's not a trial version. I bought the SBE of
office and none of the program operate normally. All are in reduced function
mode.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Has it been activated? What happens when you choose Help |

Activate
Product?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Richard" wrote in message
It is not a trial copy.

Richard

Richard wrote:
For some reason word has stopped allowing me to create a

new
document and will not allow me to change old ones. I have

even
reinstalled the software again and it is still not

allowing me
do
or change anything. The only thing I could think of was

that I
was
sent a document which was edit protected and sine opening

it I
have
not been able to use word at all. Can anyone help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Did you activate it?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What version of Word is this (check Help | About Microsoft Word)? If it
is
Word 2003, are you *sure* it isn't a trial version?

so
all may benefit.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Has it been activated? What happens when you choose Help |

Activate
Product?

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to
the
newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Richard" wrote in
message
It is not a trial copy.

Richard

Richard wrote:
For some reason word has stopped allowing me to create

new
document and will not allow me to change old ones. I
have

even
reinstalled the software again and it is still not

allowing me
do
or change anything. The only thing I could think of was

that I
was
sent a document which was edit protected and sine
opening

it I
have
not been able to use word at all. Can anyone help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard Richard is offline

Yes Activated

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Did you activate it?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Richard wrote:
For some reason word has stopped allowing me to create
new
document and will not allow me to change old ones. I
have
even
reinstalled the software again and it is still not
allowing me
do
or change anything. The only thing I could think of was
that I
was
sent a document which was edit protected and sine
opening
it I
have
not been able to use word at all. Can anyone help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I have to tell you that the only things that I've ever heard of that causes
that problem are an expired trial version and not activating the software.

Where did you purchase your software from?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Richard" wrote in message
Yes Activated

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Did you activate it?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What version of Word is this (check Help | About Microsoft Word)? If
it
is
Word 2003, are you *sure* it isn't a trial version?

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.