Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Collie Collie is offline

Default pasting a selected range of excel into word and updating

I would like to be able to paste a range of cell data into word so when ever
the excel data changes it changes in word. I know how to do this but I need
to format the tables differently in word as in excel. In word I want the
first coloum, then another coloum, then similiar on a different page i.e.
coloum 1+1A:110, next page, colum 1_2A:210, but each time I try the whole
range updates in word.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi ?B?Q29sbGll?=,

I would like to be able to paste a range of cell data into word so when ever
the excel data changes it changes in word. I know how to do this but I need
to format the tables differently in word as in excel. In word I want the
first coloum, then another coloum, then similiar on a different page i.e.
coloum 1+1A:110, next page, colum 1_2A:210, but each time I try the whole
range updates in word.

I'm not certain I understand exactly what you're after because I don't
recognize what you're trying to indicate with the column information. (What's
1+1A:100 and 1_2A:210???) I get the impression you're trying to pick up
dis-contiguous columns. Word can't do that. The columns in Excel must be
directly adjacent, or else all intervening columns will also come across.

And you can't change the structure (column order) of a linked Excel table,
either. Word can only retain font formatting when the link updates, nothing
else.

You may need to add a sheet (or two) to the workbook where you can link the
original columns in the desired order to take into Word.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Collie Collie is offline

Cindy that was an excellent idea, and it worked. It will be time consuming
to set it up, but in the end worth it. Thank you.

Hi ?B?Q29sbGll?=,