Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LauraM LauraM is offline

Default lost tabs!

I did something in the auto format menu and suddenly lost half the tabs in my
very long document. What do I do????
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Willener Pat Willener is offline

Have you tried CTRL-Z (Undo) ?

LauraM wrote:
I did something in the auto format menu and suddenly lost half the tabs in my
very long document. What do I do????

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Did you close that document yet? If not - don't!

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"LauraM" wrote in message
I did something in the auto format menu and suddenly lost half the tabs in
my
very long document. What do I do????

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LauraM LauraM is offline

Unfortunately, I saved and closed the document before realizing the
formatting had somehow been changed. Not only am I missing hundreds of tabs,
but my fonts are different too. What do I do to get it back to the previous
format with uniform paragraphing? Thanks so much if you can help me!

"LauraM" wrote in message
I did something in the auto format menu and suddenly lost half the tabs in
my
very long document. What do I do????

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Reapply the document styles. My guess, though, is that you weren't using
styles, and you gave AutoFormat free rein to apply styles as it saw fit
("Define styles based on my formatting"). An expensive lesson learned.

"LauraM" wrote in message
I did something in the auto format menu and suddenly lost half the tabs

in
my
very long document. What do I do????

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As Suzanne says, you've learned an important lesson.

For the next time, which hopefully will never occur, don't close that
document! You can always try "Undo" to correct the problem. Ctrl+Z has saved
my butt several times.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]