Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Me Me is offline

Default Images in Word 2003

I have has some documents on a network drive and I was unable to view
pictures within the documents. The documents were created in Word 97.

I verified my View settings under Tools | Options were correct (uncheck the
"Picture placeholders box and check the "Drawings" box | Print tab | check
the "Drawing objects" box | OK). Next, I navigated to C:\Documents and
Settings\userid\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates\ and deleted a copy of
Normal.dot stuck in memory. When I went back into Word, half of the images I
was unable to see before now appeared.

How is this possible? Also, how do get Word 2003 to see all images in
created with Word97?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Try reducing the hardware acceleration setting in Start | Control
Panel | Display | Settings | Advanced | Troubleshooting. If this
fixes the problem, then you might want to check the website of
the manufacturer of your video card/graphics adapter to see if
there is an updated driver available.