Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
weta weta is offline

Default Jumps to top of document when scrolling backwards

Using Word 2002 (10.6612.6626) SP3

When scrolling backwards through a document, whether by mouse wheel,
cursor keys or scroll bar, whenever it gets to a certain position it
jumps straight to the top of the document.

This doesn't always happen though - only when I have scrolled forwards
past that point first (by mouse, keys or Ctrl-End) and then scroll
backwards to that point. Also it only jumps if I have scrolled at least
one page past that point.

This is not the only document it happens on. Others that were authored
by other people and I have edited have also shown the same effect. Not
all documents, just some.

There was another poster with this same problem but I couldn't reply to
that thread since it is over a month old.

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
weta weta is offline

weta wrote:
Using Word 2002 (10.6612.6626) SP3

When scrolling backwards through a document, whether by mouse wheel,
cursor keys or scroll bar, whenever it gets to a certain position it
jumps straight to the top of the document.

snip

I just had a brainwave ... turn on View Markup
My document had LOTS of changes being tracked.
I turned off Track Changes by clicking the icon on the toolbar and then
selected Accept all Changes in Document from the Accept Change
drop-down list icon.

Problem solved!
(amazing how you can have a problem for ages and then the minute after
you post on a pulic newsgroup you fix it yourself )