Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] emammendes@gmail.com is offline

Default The bottom line of a box won't print no matter what I do!

Hello

I am trying to do a simple thing - a box around the text - but Wortd
refuses to print the bottom line of the box. What I did was:

a) New doc - A4
b) Format - Border and Shading
c) Page border, options - 31 pt for all. Then I chose a simple blue
box to be inserted in the page.

When I choose preview, word shows that the bottom line of the box won't
be printed. I tried to change page setup but word refuses to print the
line.

What else can I do?

Many thanks

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Your bottom line is below the bottom margin that your printer can handle (or
at least, that the printer is telling Word that it can handle). Some
printers give control over this on the printer driver settings. Failing
that, move the bottom line upwards.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello

I am trying to do a simple thing - a box around the text - but Wortd
refuses to print the bottom line of the box. What I did was:

a) New doc - A4
b) Format - Border and Shading
c) Page border, options - 31 pt for all. Then I chose a simple blue
box to be inserted in the page.

When I choose preview, word shows that the bottom line of the box won't
be printed. I tried to change page setup but word refuses to print the
line.

What else can I do?

Many thanks

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] emammendes@gmail.com is offline

Unfortunately it doesn't work. The tex moves around, but the blue box
around the text won't move a bit. I tried margin setting to zero, and
then "fix", but only the text inside the box moved.

Print preview still shows me hte botoom line is missing.

Thanks

Ed

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello

I am trying to do a simple thing - a box around the text - but Wortd
refuses to print the bottom line of the box. What I did was:

a) New doc - A4
b) Format - Border and Shading
c) Page border, options - 31 pt for all. Then I chose a simple blue
box to be inserted in the page.

When I choose preview, word shows that the bottom line of the box won't
be printed. I tried to change page setup but word refuses to print the
line.

What else can I do?

Many thanks

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

How close is that line to the bottom of the page?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

oups.com...

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...sDontPrint.htm

so
all may benefit.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello

I am trying to do a simple thing - a box around the text - but Wortd
refuses to print the bottom line of the box. What I did was:

a) New doc - A4
b) Format - Border and Shading
c) Page border, options - 31 pt for all. Then I chose a simple blue
box to be inserted in the page.

When I choose preview, word shows that the bottom line of the box won't
be printed. I tried to change page setup but word refuses to print the
line.

What else can I do?

Many thanks

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] emammendes@gmail.com is offline

How can I check that? To me that line is at the same distant to the
bottom of the page as the line on the top is to the top of the page.

Ed

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
How close is that line to the bottom of the page?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

oups.com...

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello

I am trying to do a simple thing - a box around the text - but Wortd
refuses to print the bottom line of the box. What I did was:

a) New doc - A4
b) Format - Border and Shading
c) Page border, options - 31 pt for all. Then I chose a simple blue
box to be inserted in the page.

When I choose preview, word shows that the bottom line of the box won't
be printed. I tried to change page setup but word refuses to print the
line.

What else can I do?

Many thanks

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't know how close you top margin is so that's not a clear response.
Look at your margins and/or your rulers.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

oups.com...

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
How close is that line to the bottom of the page?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

oups.com...

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...sDontPrint.htm

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello

I am trying to do a simple thing - a box around the text - but Wortd
refuses to print the bottom line of the box. What I did was:

a) New doc - A4
b) Format - Border and Shading
c) Page border, options - 31 pt for all. Then I chose a simple blue
box to be inserted in the page.

When I choose preview, word shows that the bottom line of the box
won't
be printed. I tried to change page setup but word refuses to print
the
line.

What else can I do?

Many thanks

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] emammendes@gmail.com is offline

TYhe settings I see on page setup a

top =0.5, left =1.26, bottom=0.75, right=1.25.

The rulers are gone!

Ed

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
I don't know how close you top margin is so that's not a clear response.
Look at your margins and/or your rulers.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

oups.com...

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
How close is that line to the bottom of the page?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

oups.com...

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello

I am trying to do a simple thing - a box around the text - but Wortd
refuses to print the bottom line of the box. What I did was:

a) New doc - A4
b) Format - Border and Shading
c) Page border, options - 31 pt for all. Then I chose a simple blue
box to be inserted in the page.

When I choose preview, word shows that the bottom line of the box
won't
be printed. I tried to change page setup but word refuses to print
the
line.

What else can I do?

Many thanks

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

View - Ruler

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

oups.com...

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
I don't know how close you top margin is so that's not a clear response.
Look at your margins and/or your rulers.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

oups.com...

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
How close is that line to the bottom of the page?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

oups.com...

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello

I am trying to do a simple thing - a box around the text - but
Wortd
refuses to print the bottom line of the box. What I did was:

a) New doc - A4
b) Format - Border and Shading
c) Page border, options - 31 pt for all. Then I chose a simple
blue
box to be inserted in the page.

When I choose preview, word shows that the bottom line of the box
won't
be printed. I tried to change page setup but word refuses to
print
the
line.

What else can I do?

Many thanks

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] emammendes@gmail.com is offline

The bootom line goes beyond 10 and the blue mark is around 9.6

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
View - Ruler

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

oups.com...

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
I don't know how close you top margin is so that's not a clear response.
Look at your margins and/or your rulers.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

oups.com...

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
How close is that line to the bottom of the page?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

oups.com...

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello

I am trying to do a simple thing - a box around the text - but
Wortd
refuses to print the bottom line of the box. What I did was:

a) New doc - A4
b) Format - Border and Shading
c) Page border, options - 31 pt for all. Then I chose a simple
blue
box to be inserted in the page.

When I choose preview, word shows that the bottom line of the box
won't
be printed. I tried to change page setup but word refuses to
print
the
line.

What else can I do?

Many thanks

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Have you tried changing your bottom margin setting?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

wrote in message
oups.com...
The bootom line goes beyond 10 and the blue mark is around 9.6

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
View - Ruler

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

oups.com...

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
I don't know how close you top margin is so that's not a clear
response.
Look at your margins and/or your rulers.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

oups.com...

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
How close is that line to the bottom of the page?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

oups.com...

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

If you're dealing in centimeters, 0.75 is probably too close to the bottom
edge. Check your printer manual for the printer's absolute limit, and the
printer properties dialog for the actual setting. Word crops the page
according to this value. It's not so critical with late-model printers, but
older inkjets could be physically damaged -- or at least get very messy --
if you printed too close to the edges.

oups.com...

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
I don't know how close you top margin is so that's not a clear response.
Look at your margins and/or your rulers.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

oups.com...

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
How close is that line to the bottom of the page?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

oups.com...

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello

I am trying to do a simple thing - a box around the text - but
Wortd
refuses to print the bottom line of the box. What I did was:

a) New doc - A4
b) Format - Border and Shading
c) Page border, options - 31 pt for all. Then I chose a simple
blue
box to be inserted in the page.

When I choose preview, word shows that the bottom line of the box
won't
be printed. I tried to change page setup but word refuses to
print
the
line.

What else can I do?

Many thanks

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You don't seem to have read the article very carefully. What you seem to be
describing is a page border. Very few printers will print the bottom of the
page border if you set it "From edge." If your bottom margin is adequate,
then you should be able to set it "From text" and it will print. Reread the
article.

oups.com...

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...sDontPrint.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello

I am trying to do a simple thing - a box around the text - but Wortd
refuses to print the bottom line of the box. What I did was:

a) New doc - A4
b) Format - Border and Shading
c) Page border, options - 31 pt for all. Then I chose a simple blue
box to be inserted in the page.

When I choose preview, word shows that the bottom line of the box

won't
be printed. I tried to change page setup but word refuses to print

the
line.

What else can I do?

Many thanks

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] emammendes@gmail.com is offline

Dear Ms. Barnhill

I did read the article carefully but sure I will read it again. I just
want say that I have tried "From text" but word made a mess of my doc.

Worse than that it is that if I open the doc in another pc, the
settings are different!

Ed

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
You don't seem to have read the article very carefully. What you seem to be
describing is a page border. Very few printers will print the bottom of the
page border if you set it "From edge." If your bottom margin is adequate,
then you should be able to set it "From text" and it will print. Reread the
article.

oups.com...

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello

I am trying to do a simple thing - a box around the text - but Wortd
refuses to print the bottom line of the box. What I did was:

a) New doc - A4
b) Format - Border and Shading
c) Page border, options - 31 pt for all. Then I chose a simple blue
box to be inserted in the page.

When I choose preview, word shows that the bottom line of the box

won't
be printed. I tried to change page setup but word refuses to print

the
line.

What else can I do?

Many thanks

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] emammendes@gmail.com is offline

Despite reading the article very carefully, it seems that word won't
print the bottom line. So I want to start from scratch.

What should I do to create a doc where there is a box (a rectangle)
surrounded the printable
area and text inside of it? A step by step instructions, please.

Many thanks for your patience and help

Ed

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
You don't seem to have read the article very carefully. What you seem to be
describing is a page border. Very few printers will print the bottom of the
page border if you set it "From edge." If your bottom margin is adequate,
then you should be able to set it "From text" and it will print. Reread the
article.

oups.com...

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello

I am trying to do a simple thing - a box around the text - but Wortd
refuses to print the bottom line of the box. What I did was:

a) New doc - A4
b) Format - Border and Shading
c) Page border, options - 31 pt for all. Then I chose a simple blue
box to be inserted in the page.

When I choose preview, word shows that the bottom line of the box

won't
be printed. I tried to change page setup but word refuses to print

the
line.

What else can I do?

Many thanks

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

That's right. Blame the tools.

oups.com...

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
You don't seem to have read the article very carefully. What you seem to
be
describing is a page border. Very few printers will print the bottom of
the
page border if you set it "From edge." If your bottom margin is adequate,
then you should be able to set it "From text" and it will print. Reread
the
article.

so
all may benefit.

oups.com...

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello

I am trying to do a simple thing - a box around the text - but
Wortd
refuses to print the bottom line of the box. What I did was:

a) New doc - A4
b) Format - Border and Shading
c) Page border, options - 31 pt for all. Then I chose a simple
blue
box to be inserted in the page.

When I choose preview, word shows that the bottom line of the box

won't
be printed. I tried to change page setup but word refuses to print

the
line.

What else can I do?

Many thanks

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Check your printer to determine the margins that your printer can handle,
then draw a box within those limits.

ups.com...

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
You don't seem to have read the article very carefully. What you seem
to be
describing is a page border. Very few printers will print the bottom of
the
page border if you set it "From edge." If your bottom margin is
adequate,
then you should be able to set it "From text" and it will print. Reread
the
article.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

oups.com...

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello

I am trying to do a simple thing - a box around the text - but
Wortd
refuses to print the bottom line of the box. What I did was:

a) New doc - A4
b) Format - Border and Shading
c) Page border, options - 31 pt for all. Then I chose a simple
blue
box to be inserted in the page.

When I choose preview, word shows that the bottom line of the box
won't
be printed. I tried to change page setup but word refuses to
print
the
line.

What else can I do?

Many thanks

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you using a Page Border? That is what it is designed to do. If the
bottom of your page border does not print, then you need to increase the
bottom margin, since the distance "From text" is measured from the document
margins.

ups.com...

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
You don't seem to have read the article very carefully. What you seem

to be
describing is a page border. Very few printers will print the bottom

of the
page border if you set it "From edge." If your bottom margin is

adequate,
then you should be able to set it "From text" and it will print.

Reread the
article.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

oups.com...

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello

I am trying to do a simple thing - a box around the text - but

Wortd
refuses to print the bottom line of the box. What I did was:

a) New doc - A4
b) Format - Border and Shading
c) Page border, options - 31 pt for all. Then I chose a simple

blue
box to be inserted in the page.

When I choose preview, word shows that the bottom line of the

box
won't
be printed. I tried to change page setup but word refuses to

print
the
line.

What else can I do?

Many thanks

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Ed -

Different printers can affect this. Can you send me the problem document or
is if proprietary?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

ups.com...

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
You don't seem to have read the article very carefully. What you seem
to be
describing is a page border. Very few printers will print the bottom of
the
page border if you set it "From edge." If your bottom margin is
adequate,
then you should be able to set it "From text" and it will print. Reread
the
article.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

oups.com...

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello

I am trying to do a simple thing - a box around the text - but
Wortd
refuses to print the bottom line of the box. What I did was:

a) New doc - A4
b) Format - Border and Shading
c) Page border, options - 31 pt for all. Then I chose a simple
blue
box to be inserted in the page.

When I choose preview, word shows that the bottom line of the box
won't
be printed. I tried to change page setup but word refuses to
print
the
line.

What else can I do?

Many thanks

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] emammendes@gmail.com is offline

Sure, It is not proprietary. Just hold a sec ...
Cheers

Ed

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
Ed -

Different printers can affect this. Can you send me the problem document or
is if proprietary?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

ups.com...

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
You don't seem to have read the article very carefully. What you seem
to be
describing is a page border. Very few printers will print the bottom of
the
page border if you set it "From edge." If your bottom margin is
adequate,
then you should be able to set it "From text" and it will print. Reread
the
article.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

oups.com...

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello

I am trying to do a simple thing - a box around the text - but
Wortd
refuses to print the bottom line of the box. What I did was:

a) New doc - A4
b) Format - Border and Shading
c) Page border, options - 31 pt for all. Then I chose a simple
blue
box to be inserted in the page.

When I choose preview, word shows that the bottom line of the box
won't
be printed. I tried to change page setup but word refuses to
print
the
line.

What else can I do?

Many thanks

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I haven't received it yet. Did you "un-munge" my email address?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

ups.com...

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
Ed -

Different printers can affect this. Can you send me the problem document
or
is if proprietary?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

ups.com...

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
You don't seem to have read the article very carefully. What you
seem
to be
describing is a page border. Very few printers will print the bottom
of
the
page border if you set it "From edge." If your bottom margin is
adequate,
then you should be able to set it "From text" and it will print.
Reread
the
article.

newsgroup so