Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
David David is offline

Default COMMENTS in older version of MS Word (Track Changes)

I'm using Office 2003 and am using Track Changes with COMMENTS.

When I sent a document to a colleague for review, he couldn't read the
COMMENTS. He told me he had an older version of Word. We discussed this and
couldn't find BALLOONS or COMMENTS on his toolbar.

How can he see my comments?

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Depending on the version he's using he may be encountering a minor bug
in displaying Comments. The solution someone found was to go to
View/Document Map and then turn the Document Map off again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Office 2007 Preview Site:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/preview/default.mspx
Office 2007 Community Articles/Tutorials:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/prev...e_archive.mspx

MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"David" wrote in message
I'm using Office 2003 and am using Track Changes with COMMENTS.

When I sent a document to a colleague for review, he couldn't read
the
COMMENTS. He told me he had an older version of Word. We discussed
this and
couldn't find BALLOONS or COMMENTS on his toolbar.

How can he see my comments?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If Beth's solution doesn't work, I think older versions (Word 2000 and
before) just had a View | Comments, nothing on the toolbar. Or he needs to
bring up the Reviewing Toolbar (View | Toolbars |), which should have
everything that version needs/offers.

Older versions definitely offer comments, though not in balloons.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/