Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
i compute i compute is offline

Default set shading of a table cell in Word with template

I want to define a style in a template to format a cell in a Word 2000 table
with a background color ... equivalent to Format-Borders and
Shading-Shading .. select a color and then click Cell in the Apply to:
dialog box.

Using the Format-Style option only allows me to apply the shading to the
paragraph.
TIA for any ideas
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi i

i compute wrote:
I want to define a style in a template to format a cell in a Word 2000 table
with a background color ... equivalent to Format-Borders and
Shading-Shading .. select a color and then click Cell in the Apply to:
dialog box.

Using the Format-Style option only allows me to apply the shading to the
paragraph.

Hmm, if you set the cell boundaries to zero, this might even work.

Otherwise, I think the only styles that deal with cell shadings are
Table styles, which are only available from Word 2002 upwards -- and
most who tried them wish they would really work instead of only
often/sometimes/in all aspects.

Leaves you to the old tricks of saving an AutoText with your favourite
table setup, or a macro to hope through all tables of your document to
force them to whatever you like.

2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?aSBjb21wdXRl?=,

I want to define a style in a template to format a cell in a Word 2000 table
with a background color ... equivalent to Format-Borders and
Shading-Shading .. select a color and then click Cell in the Apply to:
dialog box.

Using the Format-Style option only allows me to apply the shading to the
paragraph.

There is no functionality in Word 2000 that supports what you describe. Word
2002 and later do have "table styles" for this purpose.

For Word 2000 or earlier you need a macro, or create the basic table and save
it as an AutoText entry, to be inserted as required.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)