Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
The Computer Illiterate Professor The Computer Illiterate Professor is offline

Default Why can't I highlight & delete text with backspace/typeover?

For some reason, Word settings have reset. The only way to re-write text is to
A) highlight and press delete
B) backspace each letter

Usual ways of highlighting and typing over or highlighting and pressing
backspace are disabled.

Help!!!

Many thanks,
Donna
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

ToolsOptions - Edit, check 'Typing replaces selection'

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

wrote in message
For some reason, Word settings have reset. The only way to re-write text
is to
A) highlight and press delete
B) backspace each letter

Usual ways of highlighting and typing over or highlighting and pressing
backspace are disabled.

Help!!!

Many thanks,
Donna

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
The Computer Illiterate Professor The Computer Illiterate Professor is offline

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Bob...you saved the day!!

Donna

wrote in message
For some reason, Word settings have reset. The only way to re-write text
is to
A) highlight and press delete
B) backspace each letter

Usual ways of highlighting and typing over or highlighting and pressing
backspace are disabled.

Help!!!

Many thanks,
Donna

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

That might be a little extreme :-) but you're certainly welcome.
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones