Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
slube slube is offline

Default Customize full-screen reading in Word 2007

I used Reading view in word 2003, and liked it very much. I think the lack
of customization in Full-Screen Reading view is word 2007 is a step back.
Here are some things I'd like to see:

1. Keyboard commands for everything is the Full-Screen Reading view,
especially increase and decrease text size. It's really hard on the wrist to
have to keep on selecting and then clicking the mouse to make the text a
little bigger. A keybord command would be much better.

2. The ability to add buttons to the top of the screen, such as, again,
increase and decrease text size, justify, and others. This was possible in
word 2003, and I used it quite often.

3. The ability to go in and out of full screen, while still staying in the
reading mode. Again, this was possible in 2003, and is useful - sometimes I
want to have the benefit of the reading mode, but also see other things on
the screen.

If anyone knows how to do any of these things, please let me know.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Renee [MSFT] Renee [MSFT] is offline

For the keyboard shortcuts -- you can set shortcuts in Word for almost any
command.
1) Office Button-Word Options
2) Switch to the Customize tab and click the Customize... button at the
bottom for Keyboard Shortcuts.
3) Find the command you're looking for. If it already has a keyboard
shortcut, it'll show in the box. GrowFont, for example, is Ctrl+ and
ShrinkFont is Ctrl+. If it doesn't have a shortcut, click in the "Press new
shortcut key" edit box and press the shortcut you want for that command, then
click Assign to assign it.
4) Once you're done setting shortcuts, make sure Save changes in is set to
Normal.dotm and then Close the dialog

This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"slube" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Renee [MSFT] Renee [MSFT] is offline

I forgot to ask: for #2, do you find the right-click toolbar less useful than
being able to add those commands to the toolbar at the top? (assuming you
have Edit enabled in Reading Mode so that you are getting the full mini-bar)

"slube" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe G. Joe G. is offline

I, too, am disappointed that I don't have the ability to add commands to the
top of the toolbar. Right clicking, I don't believe, offers one the vast
array of commands that one can add to the top of the toolbar in all views
other than Reading.

For me in particular, using a Tablet in slate mode, having the ability to
edit documents in Reading view, but having commands available at the top of
the page, is very useful but just not possible with Word 2007.

Joe

"slube" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
slube slube is offline

3) Find the command you're looking for. If it already has a keyboard
shortcut, it'll show in the box. GrowFont, for example, is Ctrl+ and
ShrinkFont is Ctrl+. If it doesn't have a shortcut, click in the "Press new
shortcut key" edit box and press the shortcut you want for that command, then
click Assign to assign it.

This is the part that is difficult. I can't find the command to increase
text size in reading mode. There's only two commands that start with
increase, and neither of them refer to that. If I look at the command under
the view tab, nothing refers to text size.

If anyone can tell me what the name of the command is (and I'm not talking
about zoom, that's something different), that would solve the problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
slube slube is offline

Yes, it is less useful. It's less useful, because as far as I can tell, it's
not customizable, and it doesn't have the "increase text size" button. It
has a button that looks like it does that, but that button actually changes
the text size in the document. All I want is a button that increases and
decreases the text size in reading mode. The only way to do that seems to be
to grab the mouse and use the pull-down menu, and I have to keep on selecting
in for every increment larger that I want the text.