Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
PPT_green PPT_green is offline

Default Manipulating page numbers

Oh, I'm having a little tough time manipulating page numbers... or am I not
doing it right?

I am trying to accomplish: there are 3 parts to the document.
I want the "Page x of y" appear for each part of the doc. That 1st part is 5
pages, and the 2nd part is 10 pages, which I want the page number to restart
counting as "Page 1 of 10", the 3rd part is 8 pages, which I want the page #
to restart as "Page 1 of 8". Is it possible to do so?

I can only get page #s to restart on the section, but not using the "Page x
of y" option. Could someone kindly provide some tips? Thank you in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

When you insert the standard "Page X of Y" AutoText, the "Y" is a
{NUMPAGES} field. (Right-click it and choose Toggle Field Codes to see
this.) To get the result you want, change that field code to
{SECTIONPAGES}. That will give you the number of pages in the current
section instead of the number of pages in the entire document.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 16:16:00 -0700, PPT_green
wrote:

Oh, I'm having a little tough time manipulating page numbers... or am I not
doing it right?

I am trying to accomplish: there are 3 parts to the document.
I want the "Page x of y" appear for each part of the doc. That 1st part is 5
pages, and the 2nd part is 10 pages, which I want the page number to restart
counting as "Page 1 of 10", the 3rd part is 8 pages, which I want the page #
to restart as "Page 1 of 8". Is it possible to do so?

I can only get page #s to restart on the section, but not using the "Page x
of y" option. Could someone kindly provide some tips? Thank you in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
PPT_green PPT_green is offline

Hi Jay,

It worked!!! I can't appreciate enough for your help!!! I tried so long
trying to figure it out before I posted my question. (Ah, I should have done
that earlier). Thank you & big hugs!