acf69

Default How do I install languague files?

I have MS Office 2002 installed (UK Version). I am writing a document in
German, but when I want to check the spelling it says:

"Word cannot find the grammar file msgr3GE.dll and msgr32GE.dll for German
(Germany)"

It does auto detect the text as being German though....

Any help is apreciated. Word is able to find these files for English,
Spanish and German.

acf69

"acf69" wrote:

I have MS Office 2002 installed (UK Version). I am writing a document in
German, but when I want to check the spelling it says:

"Word cannot find the grammar file msgr3GE.dll and msgr32GE.dll for German
(Germany)"

It does auto detect the text as being German though....

Any help is apreciated. Word is able to find these files for English,
Spanish and German.

Edit: MS Word is able to find these files in English, Spanish and FRENCH,
not German
Graham Mayor

The UK version of Word does not include disctionaries for German (only
English, French and Spanish). If you want additional dictionaries they come
at extra cost
http://www.microsoft.com/office/edit...fingtools.mspx

acf69 wrote:
I have MS Office 2002 installed (UK Version). I am writing a document
in German, but when I want to check the spelling it says:

"Word cannot find the grammar file msgr3GE.dll and msgr32GE.dll for
German (Germany)"

It does auto detect the text as being German though....

Any help is apreciated. Word is able to find these files for English,
Spanish and German.

garfield-n-odie

German proofing tools are included with the following language
versions: Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Estonian, Finnish,
French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian,
Norwegian, Polish, Slovenian, Swedish, and Turkish. But not with
the English version. You will need to purchase the Office XP
Proofing Tools CD and install the German proofing tools from
that. See
http://www.microsoft.com/office/prev...prooftools.asp
for more information. I don't believe Microsoft still sells this
CD directly... you will probably have to look for it at a
conventional or online retailer. Note that the Office 2003
Proofing Tools CD will not work with Office XP.

acf69 wrote:
I have MS Office 2002 installed (UK Version). I am writing a document in
German, but when I want to check the spelling it says:

"Word cannot find the grammar file msgr3GE.dll and msgr32GE.dll for German
(Germany)"

It does auto detect the text as being German though....

Any help is apreciated. Word is able to find these files for English,
Spanish and German.

acf69

ok, thank you all for your feedback! I will not spend lots of money on this,
so I will have a native speaker look at it!