sparks

Default I need help when merging...I have documents I think I need as labels

I have a nice merge of access to word (first attempt) I get the 3x5
text formatted correctly and can do multi documents 1 to a page but I
want to do 2x2 printing of these. They are in sequence with a unique
number. I can not figure out how to tell it to print these out.
I get one document per page page 1---id 100 page 2---id 101
but when I try to do anything 2x2 with 4 documents to a page I get 4
id 100 on the first page and 4 id 101 on the second page.

Some people told me to save the document as a label but I have no idea
if this is correct or how I would go about doing that.

I hope that someone can tell me how to do this it would be a great
help

thanks big time for any help

Jerry

Doug Robbins

You will need to re-create the mailmerge main document using a label type
mailmerge main document, or, using your present document, replicate the
information that you now have in the correct position lower down the page
(using tables is the best way to do this - which is excatly what labels are)
and put a Next Record field before the first mergefield in the second
instance of the information on the page.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"sparks" wrote in message
I have a nice merge of access to word (first attempt) I get the 3x5
text formatted correctly and can do multi documents 1 to a page but I
want to do 2x2 printing of these. They are in sequence with a unique
number. I can not figure out how to tell it to print these out.
I get one document per page page 1---id 100 page 2---id 101
but when I try to do anything 2x2 with 4 documents to a page I get 4
id 100 on the first page and 4 id 101 on the second page.

Some people told me to save the document as a label but I have no idea
if this is correct or how I would go about doing that.

I hope that someone can tell me how to do this it would be a great
help

thanks big time for any help

Jerry

sparks