Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rod

Default Track Changes: Using the Keyboard & Bullets/Numbering

I just got upgraded to Word 2002 from my old version of Word.

I use track changes alot, and I liked the convenience in the old version of
Word of using the keyboard to accept and reject changes. How can I do this
in Word 2002? Do I have to use the "review toolbar"?

Also, for some reason, even when track changes is off, if I make a change to
a bulleted or numbered list, it shows the change as "marked". Then, if I try
to "accept" that to get rid of the markings, it accepts all changes in the
document, not just the changes to the bullets/numbers (which I didn't want to
mark in the first place!)

Any help would be appreciated.

Rod
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Um9k?=,

I just got upgraded to Word 2002 from my old version of Word.

I use track changes alot, and I liked the convenience in the old version of
Word of using the keyboard to accept and reject changes. How can I do this
in Word 2002? Do I have to use the "review toolbar"?

My memory isn't that good anymo what keyboard commands did you used to use?
Generally, all the old stuff is still there; the old dialog box can be found in
Tools/Customize/Commands, probably under "All commands".

You may find, after some experimentation, the individual commands you used to
use, and can assign them to keyboard shortcuts by clicking the button in the
Customize dialog box to get to the Keyboard shortcut dialog box.

Also, for some reason, even when track changes is off, if I make a change to
a bulleted or numbered list, it shows the change as "marked". Then, if I try
to "accept" that to get rid of the markings, it accepts all changes in the
document, not just the changes to the bullets/numbers (which I didn't want to
mark in the first place!)

This, on the other hand, indicates that Word 2002/2003 hasn't been able to
correctly convert an older document. You may need to make copies of the
document, accept all changes in one and reject them all in the other, then use
the Tools/Merge document command to pick up the differences again. Saving as a
web-page, closing, then opening again might also help.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)