Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jurgen Jurgen is offline

Default How to: Select text with similiar formatting within a table

I have a table with text in it and I want to select all the text within that
table, with similar formatting of one sort (like you can do when there's no
table) Either that or I want to delete the table without deleting the text in
its original format. This seems impossible (in both word 2003 and word 2007).
Is it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 06:28:28 -0700, Jurgen
wrote:

I have a table with text in it and I want to select all the text within that
table, with similar formatting of one sort (like you can do when there's no
table) Either that or I want to delete the table without deleting the text in
its original format. This seems impossible (in both word 2003 and word 2007).
Is it?

You don't have to remove the table (although you could do that, with
Table Convert Table to Text in Word 2003, or with Table Tools
Layout Convert to Text in Word 2007).

Select the table -- most easily by clicking the little square that
appears near the northwest corner of the table when you mouse over it.

Open the Find dialog. If the formatting is simple, like Bold or
Italic, you can just click in the Find What box and press the shortcut
key for it (Ctrl+B or whatever). If it's more complicated, click the
More button, then the Format button, and choose Font, then set up the
format to search for.

Now, in Word 2003 check the box for "Highlight all items found in:"
and select "Current Selection" (that means the selected table). Then
click the Find All button.

In Word 2007 click the Find In button and select "Current Selection".
You don't have to click anything else to make it go.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jurgen Jurgen is offline

wrote:

[...]

Excellent. I've chosen to delete the table after all. Thanks!