Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
dick

Default lines per page changes between word 97 and word 2003

I recently converted from word 97 to word 2003. I have over a thousand
documents (procedures) that were formatted in word 97 with page breaks
throughout the documents. In word 2003, the page seems to be shorter (less
lines per page). I'm finding that what fit nicely on a page in word 97, now
carries over a couple of lines onto the next page in word 2003. I've checked
the page setup and the margins are the same. The default printer is the
same. What gives??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
dick

Suzanne, I've read your post, but that still doesn't explain why a page of
text created in word 97 won't fit on a page in word 2003. Same margins, same
printer, same font size, etc.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm and
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm

"dick" wrote in message
news
I recently converted from word 97 to word 2003. I have over a thousand
documents (procedures) that were formatted in word 97 with page breaks
throughout the documents. In word 2003, the page seems to be shorter

(less
lines per page). I'm finding that what fit nicely on a page in word 97,

now
carries over a couple of lines onto the next page in word 2003. I've

checked
the page setup and the margins are the same. The default printer is the
same. What gives??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Exactly the same printer driver running under the same OS? It's possible
that Word 2003 renders the fonts slightly differently. What happens if you
fiddle with the Compatibility Options?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm and
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm