jeff

Default "EZP" APPEARING REPEATABLEY ON STANDARD TOOL BAR

When I select the 'Standard' tool bar' a series of letters appear, which
appear to be in place of buttons. The letters are 'EZP' in place of the
buttons. A work around concerning 'Macro security shows up. The work around
does not seem to work. I am using Office 2003.
Graham Mayor

The following was posted recently by fellow Word MVP Suzanne Barnhill:

"Somewhere on your computer you have the EZ-Photo application (probably
installed by a scanner or other hardware). This software adds an add-in to
Word's Startup folder, and the add-in adds the button(s) to your toolbar.

"Unfortunately, the add-in was written for Word 95 and doesn't function
properly with later versions, so you need to remove it. Once you've done
this, you can remove any and all EZP buttons from Word using Tools |
Customize. The files you're looking for (to delete) are Ezpwll32.wll,
Ezphoto.wll, Ezpwll.wll, and Ezpwll16.wll. You'll need to display Hidden and
System files in order to find these using Windows Find/Search.

"For more on EZ-Photo, see "WD2000: Problems Caused By EZ-Photo 2.7 and
Earlier Versions [Q224727]." Note that it should *not* be necessary to
rename Normal.dot as this article suggests; this will remove all your
customizations, and the only reason I can see for doing it is to remove the
EZP buttons, which you can easily do yourself. "