Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fuel451 Fuel451 is offline

Default Signature macro with Word/Outlook 2007...

Use to have a signature macro in Word 2003 that allowed the user to assign a
keystroke (i.e. CTRL+S) to a macro that would insert it into a new email.
The process for creating it was this:

- open Word (2003), type out signature data and select it
- on menu, select Insert, select AutoText, then select Add (selected data)
- close out window
- on menu, select Macro, then Record Macro
- enter macro name and choose key combination, select Assign, then select
Close (Recording will start)
- on menu, select Insert, select AutoText, then scroll to the newly created
AutoText

In Word 2007, the AutoText feature seems to be merged into Quick Parts. Do
anyone have a resolution for creating this same function in Word 2007?

Thanks in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It isn't necessary to use a macro to insert AutoText. You can assign a
keyboard shortcut to a given AutoText entry. This is still true in Word
2007.

http://word.mvps.org