Katherine

Default Page view problem

We have a user who is on Windows 2000, Office 2000, SP3.
When she opens a Word document, it's opening in Print
layout instead of Normal view. We have deleted her
Normal.dot file thinking that it might be corrupt and
copied back yesterday's Normal.dot file but the problem is
still occurring. Can anyone help? Thanks, Katherine
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 15:19:59 -0800, "Katherine"
wrote:

We have a user who is on Windows 2000, Office 2000, SP3.
When she opens a Word document, it's opening in Print
layout instead of Normal view. We have deleted her
Normal.dot file thinking that it might be corrupt and
copied back yesterday's Normal.dot file but the problem is
still occurring. Can anyone help? Thanks, Katherine

For the new blank document you get when you open Word by itself, see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...iewAndZoom.htm

Existing documents "should" open in the view at which they were last
saved, although Word sometimes seems to ignore it.

If you can't get either of these working, you can force the view by
writing macros named AutoNew and AutoOpen containing the command

ActiveWindow.View = wdPrintView

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman