NZJen

Default Change order of pages in a Word document

In Excel sheets can be moved to change their order; in Powerpoint slides can
be moved around; but what about in Word? Say I have a 9-page Word document
and I want to move the 6th page so it becomes the 3rd page, can this be done
easily without cutting/pasting, creating section breaks etc???? Any
suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Daiya Mitchell

No, you can't.

If your pages have logical headings, Outline View might help:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/UsingOLView.htm

If you want to know why you can't, there's an attempt at explaining he
http://daiya.mvps.org/wordpages.htm

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

NZJen

Thankyou Daiya - this does help, and I did suspect that was the case. I have
used Outline view previously to move pages up and down, but as you say it is
not as user-friendly as PowerPoint or Excel. I have not, however, tried
printing the pages in a different order, e.g. 1,3,5,2,7 but will try that and
see how it goes. I was really hoping I could pick up page 7 and move it to
become page 3, but obviously I cannot do this!

Ah well, perhaps a newer version of Word in the future may solve this
problem!!?