Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KingMe KingMe is offline

Default Bug in Update routine?

I am using a new Vista computer and the Office Small Business 2007 since
February 2008.
I do not have a problem updating Windows but every time I try to update
Office I get this error with no way to bypass it. I am the one and only user
and my level is of Administrator.
Here is the error text:
Error number: 0x8DDD0002]
To install updates from this website, you must be logged on as an
administrator or a member of the Administrators group on your computer. If
you use Windows XP, you can see if you are an administrator by going to User
Accounts in Control Panel.

Note: If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings
might also prevent you using this website. Contact your system administrator
for help with updates.

I am not on a network.

I read that I need to modify the Registry to correct a Microsoft bug, but I
rather not. Is Microsoft going to fix the bug by recognizing that I am an
Administrator automatically?

--
HP Pavilion Elite m9040n 2.4gh 3gb mem 640gb hard drive, dvd lightscribe
technology burner, Vista Home Premium, Office 2007
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
VeeRay VeeRay is offline

I've been through a page of 'fixes' by searching for the error number, and
spent three hours today alone trying to get past this error. Nothing has
worked, but you can try the knowledge base article on the subject if you want
to.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316524