Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
figo figo is offline

Default How Can I set different headers for different chapters withoutinserting section breaks?

Dear all,
I want to know how to set different headers for different
chapters without inserting section breaks. Because I had insert the
session break once to add a new page after endnotes (see more in
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...25c1?lnk=raot),
if I insert more session breaks in the end of every chapters, and the
endnotes will appear in the end of every chapter, this is not what I
want to see. So would you give me an answer for this problem? Much
thanks.

figo
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can choose to put endnotes at the end of each section or at the end of
the document.
If the Styleref field does not achieve what you want in the header (or the
page setup odd/even headers or different first page header) then Section
breaks are the answer.

figo wrote:
Dear all,
I want to know how to set different headers for different
chapters without inserting section breaks. Because I had insert the
session break once to add a new page after endnotes (see more in
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...25c1?lnk=raot),
if I insert more session breaks in the end of every chapters, and the
endnotes will appear in the end of every chapter, this is not what I
want to see. So would you give me an answer for this problem? Much
thanks.

figo

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
figo figo is offline

You can choose to put endnotes at the end of each section or at the end of
the document.

I can't put the endnotes at the end of each section, because the
thesis style is specified. If I put the endnotes at the end of the
document, then I can not add a new pages referred to other contents
required by thesis style.

If the Styleref field does not achieve what you want in the header (or the
page setup odd/even headers or different first page header) then Section
breaks are the answer.

I think different first page header can not work like what I want to,
it just give a correct header at first page in every chapter, but
after first page, the header is still the same to the previous
chapter.

--

Graham Mayor - *Word MVP

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...agement/br...),
if I insert more session breaks in the end of every chapters, and the
endnotes will appear in the end of every chapter, this is not what I
want to see. *So would you give me an answer for this problem? *Much
thanks.

figo

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Have you tried the styleref field that Graham Mayor referred to? See Word
help for instructions and switches.

PamC

figo wrote:
You can choose to put endnotes at the end of each section or at the end of
the document.

I can't put the endnotes at the end of each section, because the
thesis style is specified. If I put the endnotes at the end of the
document, then I can not add a new pages referred to other contents
required by thesis style.

If the Styleref field does not achieve what you want in the header (or the
page setup odd/even headers or different first page header) then Section
breaks are the answer.

I think different first page header can not work like what I want to,
it just give a correct header at first page in every chapter, but
after first page, the header is still the same to the previous
chapter.

--

[quoted text clipped - 15 lines]

figo

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
figo figo is offline

Thanks Mayor and PamC, I have used the styleref field method to
solve the problem, and sorry for repeatedly sending the same message
because I refresh the web page to see new reply, but it is
automatically resending the message, may be the google group should
revise this feature.

figo wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You must either use a StyleRef field or unlink the headers between sections,
keeping in mind that the Header or Odd/Even Header is separate from the
First Page Header. But note that if you want to insert the endnotes at the
end of the document and put bibliography, index, etc., after them, you will
find instructions at
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...TextAfterNotes