Ole Madsen DK

Default Change to new printer resets the letterhead tray assignment

My users former had a HP LaserJet 4050, letterhead paper in tray 2 and plain
paper in tray 3.
A change to a HP LaserJet 4250 with the same tray assignemts, makes all the
old documents with the specified tray assignment resetting to "Auto Select"
for both first page and next pages. Switching to the old printer restores the
tray assignment.

Is this normal? - has been testet with several printerdrivers and several
versions of word, all reacting the same way.

Is there an easy way to keep the tray assignment? - we are talking about a
huge ammount of documents, mixed with letterhead and non letterhead
documents, so an automatic or user invoked macro may not be the best