Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
zuma zuma is offline

Default Print a word Document with creation date not printed date

Every time I open a word document after its creation it shows the date I am
opening it i.e. todays date not the original date the document was created.
This has complications if I need to re-print that document to show when it
was originally sent. My other two computers do not do this.
I have looked in Insert-date/time- Update Automatically and the box is not
checked although I am not sure if this is what rules this or not and I have
checked this same box is not ticked in the template. I would be grateful if
somebody could tell me how to fix this problem on this computer please.
I have searched for a fix but dont seem to be able to find one but it just
may be the words i am using which is not bringing up a hit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

The date is inserted as a field. You can change the field so that it shows
the create date:

Press Alt+F9 to show field codes. Most likely, your date now appears in
brackets with the word DATE or TIME as the first word. Replace that word with
CREATEDATE. Press F9 to update the field. Press Alt+F9 to hide field codes
again.

For more details on date fields, see:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/DateFields.htm

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"zuma" wrote:

Every time I open a word document after its creation it shows the date I am
opening it i.e. todays date not the original date the document was created.
This has complications if I need to re-print that document to show when it
was originally sent. My other two computers do not do this.
I have looked in Insert-date/time- Update Automatically and the box is not
checked although I am not sure if this is what rules this or not and I have
checked this same box is not ticked in the template. I would be grateful if
somebody could tell me how to fix this problem on this computer please.
I have searched for a fix but dont seem to be able to find one but it just
may be the words i am using which is not bringing up a hit.

Document creation date? Stephen K. Microsoft Word Help 2 April 19th 08 05:49 AM
how to add date-printed at end of word document? alan Page Layout 2 March 4th 06 12:20 AM
Document Creation Date Thomas M Microsoft Word Help 3 October 29th 05 04:02 AM
word creation date terry New Users 4 June 27th 05 01:48 PM
Finding Creation Date Chris Microsoft Word Help 2 January 11th 05 04:43 AM