YARG

Default One Table per page with Row Headers

Does anyone know how to create a new table per page in Word, applying
the table header format from the first table?

The way the developer has done it at the moment is to have one big
table but sadly on some reports the table has over 11000 rows which on
creation get's progressively slower!

I know for a single table you can apply the HeadingFormat to a row and
word will duplicate the row on each soft page break but is there any
way to do this for each table ( without writing something to hold a
reference to the headers of table 1 ), allowing for a varied row
height??

Appreciate any help you can give.

Regards

Steve

Stephen Gray

Sorry I forgot to say, the code has been written in VB6, using the Word
Object.

Regards

Steve

Doug Robbins

If you put the table header in the header of the document and format the
font of the pargraph mark after that table and remove the bottom border from
the table, you can get the table in the header and that in the mainbody of
the document to appear as one. That way, you could split the tables in the
body of the document and still have the same table header "appear" for each
table.
--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"YARG" wrote in message
oups.com...

Does anyone know how to create a new table per page in Word, applying
the table header format from the first table?

The way the developer has done it at the moment is to have one big
table but sadly on some reports the table has over 11000 rows which on
creation get's progressively slower!

I know for a single table you can apply the HeadingFormat to a row and
word will duplicate the row on each soft page break but is there any
way to do this for each table ( without writing something to hold a
reference to the headers of table 1 ), allowing for a varied row
height??

Appreciate any help you can give.

Regards

Steve

Stephen Gray

Thanks Doug,

Yeah that's an idea, I'll try that if there isn't a "table only" option
because the other problem I have is trying to work how to create a
table on each new page. For example, I can add a row and if that row
pushes the table to page 2, I can remove it and then create a new
table. The problem comes when the row formatting is applied which can
make the row small and through the whole logic out of the window. I
guess I could apply the formatting first, and then see if it goes over
a page, if it does remove it, create the new table with a row and
reapply the formatting to that row.

Thanks again Doug, sadly I don't know too much about Word!

Best Regards

Steve

Jay Freedman

Hi Steve,

Create a template for all new documents of this type. In the template,
create an autotext entry consisting of an empty table formatted the
way you want, including the HeaderRow setting. Write the VB to insert
this autotext entry each time it needs to start a new table.

If you need some help with the coding, post at least the part of the
program that starts a new table, so we have something to work with.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Header(s) & Table HELP! DTL Tables 1 February 27th 05 12:26 AM
Table wraps from bottom of page to the top of the same page mnhipp Page Layout 1 January 18th 05 05:11 PM
Table in 1st Page Header shifting to the right when printed Tim Page Layout 4 December 2nd 04 11:39 AM