Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
trash

Default mailmerge to email using Lotus Notes or Eudora, no Outlook

Where I work, every machine has Microsoft Office 2003 (every
application in the bundle except for Outlook). The default email client
is Lotus Notes 6, but we also have licenses for Eudora.

We need to create a mailmerge using Word 2003 grabbing the data from
from an Excel file or a flat file from a mainframe. This is no problem.
We can print thousands of letters at a time (or as much as the printer
can support).

The problem that we have is that we cannot do mailmerge to email. The
email option does not come up in the menu that Word 2003 offers.

The Novell/Windows administrator says that the installation of Outlook
includes certain files (DLLs most likely) that allow Word to
communicate with the default email client, in our case Lotus Notes 6.
The problem here is we cannot give users Outlook even it is hidden or
somewhat disabled (internal BS plus all the vulnerabilities that
Outlook has).

How can we make Word talk to an email client can send the thousands of
emails that we need to send.

cheers,
Frank