Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PancakeBatter PancakeBatter is offline

Default Footnote Custom Mark will not delete

Hi- I am troubleshooting another persons document. Word 2002, 1 Section.
Just above the first footnote text (1) where there is a faded line separator,
a "0" appears like this:

0___________________
1. First footnote...

The Footnote Custom Mark was set to "0" and I have tried but I cannot select
and remove it. I also noticed that all the Styles in the document are
prefixed with "0".

Any ideas and help very appreciated.

PB

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This can happen when the Normal style is modified. Every style based on
Normal (including the Footnote Separator) will acquire the same formatting.
It sounds as if numbering has been applied to Normal style.

"PancakeBatter" wrote in message
Hi- I am troubleshooting another persons document. Word 2002, 1 Section.
Just above the first footnote text (1) where there is a faded line

separator,
a "0" appears like this:

0___________________
1. First footnote...

The Footnote Custom Mark was set to "0" and I have tried but I cannot

select
and remove it. I also noticed that all the Styles in the document are
prefixed with "0".

Any ideas and help very appreciated.

PB

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PancakeBatter PancakeBatter is offline

Hi Suzanne- Right after I posted my question, I finally saw something about
the Footnote Separator and changed it and it is fixed. The "0" appearing
everywhere totally threw me off. Thanks again for your help in this message
and many others and have a nice Thanksgiving.

PB