Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
losgurl losgurl is offline

Default How do I turn off FilterKeys settings?

How do I turn off FilterKeys settings? I tried holding shift down for eight
seconds and canceling but it did not work. I tried going into the
accessibility options but I do not know what I am supposed to do to turn it
off. I really do not like this feature. it is very time consuming trying to
figure out what keys to push to do certain things. Someone please help me.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

You say you went to the Accessibility Options dialog. Did you not see
the checkbox labeled "Use FilterKeys", and uncheck it?

While you're there, click each of the Settings buttons and uncheck the
box that says "Use shortcut". Then the features will never turn on
unless you deliberately go to the dialog and check the box.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman