Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
linde linde is offline

Default How do I get the command "Convert" on the the office button menu?

Is there a place to download this command. The command is supposed to appear
on the office button under "New" and "Open".
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I already answered this in another newsgroup. If you put the question in
multiple places, how will you know where to look for the answer?

Convert shows up only when you're working in compatibility mode (i.e.,
editing a doc file rather than a docx file).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"linde" wrote in message
Is there a place to download this command. The command is supposed to
appear
on the office button under "New" and "Open".

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cheryl Cheryl is offline

How do you get into compatibility mode?? A file conversion box opens, but i
am unable to import the doc. Help

--
CC

"linde" wrote:

Is there a place to download this command. The command is supposed to appear
on the office button under "New" and "Open".

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Compatibility mode is "automatically" activated when you open a file that is
in something other than a .docx format. If you can't open the file in the
first place it suggests that the file is either *not* a readable file type
(something other than a text-based document) or may be corrupted.

If Word won't open the file normally, as a last resort you can try using the
Recover Text from Any File option in the Files of Type: list at the bottom
of the Open dialog.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac